ADVERTISEMENT

Mr. Football

Wildcat_18

KP Junior
Sep 16, 2014
I can't believe this award has not been announced already. There are many deserving. You could make a strong case for Walker Wood (Lafayette) or Jamale Carothers (Bowling Green).

With that said, my pick is Pulaski County's Jake Johnson. He scored rushing, passing, receiving, special teams, interception touchdowns this season. He has set many state records, mostly topping James Quick (Trinity & Louisville) & John Cole (Somerset & Vanderbilt). He has a offers from many NAIA schools, a preferred walk-on spot reserved at Louisville, interest from Purdue & EKU. Word through the grapevine is WKU has been coming in hard late in the game following the coaching change. His game closely compares to Wes Welker with size and speed. I would personally compare him to Hunter Renfrow, walk-on at Clemson.

Who are your picks for Mr. Football in Kentucky?

I can't believe this award has not been announced already. There are many deserving. You could make a strong case for Walker Wood (Lafayette) or Jamale Carothers (Bowling Green).

With that said, my pick is Pulaski County's Jake Johnson. He scored rushing, passing, receiving, special teams, interception touchdowns this season. He has set many state records, mostly topping James Quick (Trinity & Louisville) & John Cole (Somerset & Vanderbilt). He has a offers from many NAIA schools, a preferred walk-on spot reserved at Louisville, interest from Purdue & EKU. Word through the grapevine is WKU has been coming in hard late in the game following the coaching change. His game closely compares to Wes Welker with size and speed. I would personally compare him to Hunter Renfrow, walk-on at Clemson.

Who are your picks for Mr. Football in Kentucky?

I thought Carothers won Mr Football already?

It has been announced that Jamale Carothers is your Kentucky Mr. Football. Congrats to the Bowling Green Purple and Navy commit!

I believe Carothers won the Gatorade Kentucky Football Play of the Year. I don't believe the Mr. Football award has been announced. The 8 finalists can be found at the following link. It all comes down to if it is a seasonal award or a career award.

Gotchya ... you're absolutely correct. The Gatorade Mr. Football was what I was thinking of, not the AP Mr. Football.
Is this award only given to seniors?

ADVERTISEMENT