ADVERTISEMENT

McCracken County football coach

Jan 13, 2015
Well has anyone heard anything about what's going on with the coaching situation? Field house has been locked up and they have no football banquet scheduled at all. A lot of crickets chirping!!

Look for an exodus south by more Ky. football coaches in coming years. McCracken coach to Georgia for MUCH more $$, easier teaching load, etc. (and I think he makes more as an assistant there than he did previously as head coach?).
Ballard coach went to Tennessee school for similar reasons I think? Many head coaches left for assistant jobs in Georgia/Alabama a few years back and they were better situations all the way around for them.

McCracken could be a really good job. Excellent facilities. Tough district though. That's the bad part.

I think they'll be the best team in their district year-in, year-out but the problem is once they meet an even 'slightly above average' Louisville school (like PRP was last year) it's like night and day compared to what they're used to playing. Maybe they could sprinkle into their non-district schedule some teams around them that mirror what they'll see in the playoffs?

I don't know what I was thinking, I meant region. I agree with you. They'll have a hard time against any Louisville school that is average or above. They have what it takes to compete with T, M, or X one out of every 5 years or so in my opinion. Won't happen consistently, but occasionally is possible with the talent over there.

They hired the Hoptown coach who has a losing record. I did not think that the search would drop to him. Hoptown is loaded and will be a contender next year while the Mustangs will be another loser in the first round.

ADVERTISEMENT