ADVERTISEMENT

LOGAN CO./ Russellville

NLTanker1

KP All-Pro
Aug 29, 2011
After staying in Mayfield Monday night and enjoying some fantastic food and company from the bartender at Carrs, next Mondays travels land me in Russellville. My question, since there is nothing to do there, is...are there any freshman or Jv games Monday evening?

Originally posted by NLTanker1:
After staying in Mayfield Monday night and enjoying some fantastic food and company from the bartender at Carrs, next Mondays travels land me in Russellville. My question, since there is nothing to do there, is...are there any freshman or Jv games Monday evening?
According to the school's website, they play South Warren in Russellville 10/23 at 6 PM. No Freshman schedule on their site.

Too bad the MadCougar isn't in town. He always wanted to meet The Tank at the Sonic. He was a true Shamrock fan.

Rhea Stadium is a place you can go to alone, take a seat, and watch the game of football progress from leather helmets and the single wing to Riddel suspensions and the Power I to the high tech modern bonnets and the spread.

It requires a little imagination and a lot of love for the game.

Originally posted by macdon:
Rhea Stadium is a place you can go to alone, take a seat, and watch the game of football progress from leather helmets and the single wing to Riddel suspensions and the Power I to the high tech modern bonnets and the spread.

It requires a little imagination and a lot of love for the game.
-----Tank, Mac hit the nail on the head. You are going to be in Russellville Monday, take a few minutes, park on one of the side streets, stroll up the hill to the main entrance and observe the six stone faces of the great athletes displayed. I would guess that you will be familiar with five of the six, maybe not but I think you will find it interesting-----

Originally posted by NLTanker1:
You're guessing he might not know about Paavo Nurmi?
330px-Paavo_Nurmi_%28Paris_1924%29.jpg

-----Yes, that's the one. The Flying Finn, 9 Golds and 3 Silvers in the Olympics in the 1920's, hell of n athlete-----

At a home game last season an elderly gentleman from out of town asked me if one of the stone faces on the front of Rhea Stadium was Coach Barrett...How cool was that!!!!

I had no idea Coach Barrett went back that far. No wonder he was so good. Experienced.

Roys BBQ for good BBQ
Slappys for a good burger
Sol azteca for good Mexican and drinks
Best food in town is arriellas, it's pricier than everything else but it's good, also able to wet your whistle their if you chose to.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Yes, yes I did. And I plan on doing that in the morning after I close this road down. I'll have a few hours to waste.

ADVERTISEMENT