ADVERTISEMENT

I've heard rumblings out of Waggener (Louisville) that ...

Jairus Brents may be playing QB this season. Thoughts?

Could do damage at that spot, but I'd say that will depend on who is named O Coordinator and what their system would want from someone like Brents. For instance, if there's a kid in the program that has the ability to pass and--while they won't be able to do everything with their feet a Brents could do, he could maybe allow Brents to be more a deep threat every once in a while -- which would be one of the best speed deep threats in the state (let alone 3A) and it would keep him 'out of the fray' more than if he were a 'running QB.'

Could do damage at that spot, but I'd say that will depend on who is named O Coordinator and what their system would want from someone like Brents. For instance, if there's a kid in the program that has the ability to pass and--while they won't be able to do everything with their feet a Brents could do, he could maybe allow Brents to be more a deep threat every once in a while -- which would be one of the best speed deep threats in the state (let alone 3A) and it would keep him 'out of the fray' more than if he were a 'running QB.'

I've heard some rumors that former Ballard coach Mike Jackson has some interest in running that offense. Waggener also has a 2019 RB named Brandon Moore who is gonna be a good one next year.

ADVERTISEMENT