ADVERTISEMENT

Graves Region Champs

It was a comedy of errors! Interceptions, fumbles, penalties, bad decisions, dropped passes, more dropped passes, and a lack of heart. Graves County came out and smacked them in the mouth and they couldn't recover from it. The only way a Graves County player was going to come off the field was on a stretcher. They came to play and they played hard. I didn't see that in the Purples. They knocked out our starting RB in the second quarter and it was all downhill from there. Bowling Green's defensive unit played great. The offense was non-existent. Their defense had their way with our offense. They just manhandled them. Those boys hit hard. The Purples defense bailed the offense out all night long. It was hard to watch. Graves County deserved to win and whoever they play better come ready to rumble.

If Vegas did such things the pre-season odds on Graves winning 5A Region One would have been 250-1 or more. After losing at Franklin-Simpson they might have doubled.

I don't think I would have taken Graves unless you gave me something like 17-20 points. I can't swear I've never been stunned by a result more during the six class system, but I can't think of one off the top of my head.

Originally posted by DragonFire:
I don't think I would have taken Graves unless you gave me something like 17-20 points. I can't swear I've never been stunned by a result more during the six class system, but I can't think of one off the top of my head.
You and me both, brother. Every now and then we see why the game is decided on the field. You can't measure heart. If Graves County would open up their offense a little, they will be hard to beat. Their defense hit harder than anybody we have played in the last four years. I sit on the top row at El Donaldson Stadium and watch the games and I haven't heard hits like that since Robert Reynolds was a Purple.

As a former mayfield football player that battle the Eagles I just congrats. I was stunned. I think half of Kentucky is stunned. I believe they can beat John hardin. Their toughest task was last week and they beat them so they have a shot to do what none of us mayfield fans thought they could do.

Bowling Green just didn't deserve to win the game. In fact they didn't do anything to win the game. Defense played great and they made one big mistake that led to the graves county touchdown right before halftime.

I've never seen our offense play that bad. Gott made some bad throws and when he did make a good throw our guys just dropped it. Drop after drop after drop. In Gott's defense he didn't get a lot of protection either, Graves County's d-line was just better than our o-line. And if you lose the line of scrimmage it is tough to win the game.

Still, we had chances to win, but we couldn't block, couldn't run, couldn't throw and couldn't catch (OUR PET'S HEADS WERE FALLING OFF!!!!!) We just didn't have anything Friday. I was shocked like everyone else, but as the game went on I realized they controlled on the line of scrimmage when we were on offense.

Yates going out was killer, we were driving the ball and having some success running with him. Graves County had some huge guys , but he was able to power through for some yards.

I feel bad for the players, but that happens sometimes. If you had told me before the season that BG was going to beat Lex. Cath, St. X and should've have beaten McCallie I wouldn't have believed it. I'm proud of this team, just had an awful performance. Can't play like that and expect to win a region title. They don't give these things away. Go Purples!

Well that's a pretty retarded theory. A tweet sent back around the Lex Cath game cost them the win against Graves. Sometimes its better to just keep your mouth shut than to let everyone know how stupid you are.

If Coach Wallace was making 8 million a year, he might let it slide as well. You can't let people slander you or punk you. I'm not a fan of Twitter, myself , but it's hard let people run down a program that has become a state powerhouse, mainly because of the coach.

hey tell us more about this twitter war? what was going on?
i dont know or care how to even get on twitter??

Twitterless people will not be granted the secrets of Twitter.

secret-society.jpg

Once again the Eagles prove they are not going to be beaten. Congratulations to both teams from Graves County. You make the 1st region proud.

I think Graves County will win the 5A title! Bowling Green played them on Halloween at Pulaski County and really didn't have much trouble with them. They have a couple of linebackers that are as good as any in the state. Their QB Hall didn't play in that game, but I believe Graves County has the speed and toughness to beat them, even with Hall playing. Most of their players play on both sides of the ball. I was really impressed with Graves County and hope they bring that trophy back home with them.

ADVERTISEMENT