ADVERTISEMENT

FS 28 Graves Co. 26

macdon

KP Hall of Fame
May 29, 2001
This was a good win for FS. The Cats dominated time of possession especially in the second half.

Graves was stunned early when Jerry Billups went 50yds untouched for a TD on the games first play.

Cody Crider from Graves is a football player. He is strong, athletic, fast, and I thought he was going to hoist the Eagles on his back and win the game. Love that kid's grit and determination.

A very good high school football game for week 2. What was pretty surprising is how sharp Franklin-Simpson looked on both sides of the ball considering their game last week was cancelled and they only played their starters for 2 quarters in their only scrimmage. I was also impressed with their conditioning. In the 4th when Graves best player or two were noticeably limping around looking worn out FS players were surging with energy to seal the win. Two really good looking teams played at a high level early in the season. For what is worth the talk around the BG area is that Franklin is extremely young this season and Graves has a dominant senior class.

How much better would Crider be playing for Coach Morris at Mayfield?
He is a good football player but I think it would be a good fit for both of them.
Too bad its too late to transfer.

sounds like Franklin is getting a little fire in their belly again. Glad to see.

The fire has been there. The fire just wasn't able to make any steam.

Things got rolling the second half of last year. We will see how things progress.

@Big Blue

He would probably win a state championship and well then, nothing.

Much better fit at Graves. Gregory will help get that kid into a college to play.

Isn't a state title what ever team starts the year playing for???
Morris has been doing a good job getting kids into college.
Not sure that Gregory is the reason kids like Crider and Wiggins are getting offers, it is another coach and boosters helping them.

Mac, Cody Crider is fun to watch, isn't he? How much did they utilize him in the pass game? I think that's an underrated part of his game.

You know I get tired of hearing about graves county putting their football players in college??? Let's be real here. Who have they gotten in college In the last 5 years or even before that, that was good enough?? There's nobody in this region that is good enough to play big time football besides the 2 from McCracken and and caldwells sindelar! Mayfield has had a few athletes that could play at murray at, whom which have atleAst 5 on the roster from mayfield and one starts! Jonathan Jackson I may say! William higginson, Jonathan Jackson, Hunter Kingston, Deion Jackson, and Jordan brown. What kid from graves has started or even played college football in the last ten years?? I mean I must be missing out on these big time athletes that graves is producing. I mean if a school the size of mayfield sends one kid to a school the size of campbellsville a year that's saying a lot! Yea the crider kid at graves is good, he's fast, decent size, but he's not going to run the ball for anyone in college and I don't see him putting up huge defensive stats at graves either, he's a good highschool football player but other than that time will tell on him. Not taking anything away from him either by any means but what is he going to play at the college level? Over the years mayfield has filled rosters as in murrAy st, UT Martin, Campbellsville, and other small college programs but there have only been a few that could play division one football at mayfield. Everyone sees Mayfields success and they think because they are good almost every year they should be watching everyone of these kids on Saturday.

Graves was not very successful at all throwing the ball. I don't have my notes but very few completions.

Crider is fun as long as he is running over and away from someone who isn't your team. He has offers from Murray and SIU. A good catch for either but it sounds like he is waiting on a bigger name......are you watching WKU?

ADVERTISEMENT