ADVERTISEMENT

**Final score Franklin-Simpson 21 @ Russellville 20 - Rhea Stadium Edition

Farmy75

KP Hall of Fame
Oct 17, 2003
Usually a good matchup between the two. When F-S is rolling they usually are too deep for the Panthers and wear them down.
I think this week is poised to be a good one.

What say you?

This post was edited on 9/26 10:39 PM by Farmy75

Re: POLL: Franklin-Simpson @ Russellville - Rhea Stadium Edition

Looks like it could be a classic.

If Franklin doesn't win this one in a convincing fashion, you can go ahead and mark them off the list as contenders to beat Owensboro for the Region.

Honestly I think we're too young at key positions to win this game. It typically takes a seasoned veteran Rville team to beat average FS teams.

RHS clobbered FS last year and the Cats played Owensboro literally down to the wire.

It's a long time till anyone, Owensboro, FS, WE, or whomever, plays for the Region One Championship. Lots of snaps.

Neither last year's Owensboro team or FS team are as good as this year's. Last year's RVK team was significantly better than this year's team.

I would say that FS should be able to win convincingly enough, but this RVK team is pretty solid. Should be a tough game for both teams, but I would have to say FS wins 28-7

W.E. Raider hit it on the head. FS is younger this year, but better! I have watched Rville, they are talented and fast, but so is Franklin. FS by 10, and that is with MACDON wearing his black and gold. lol... Could never do that, looks to much like Vandy colors. Owensboro is considerbly better too.

Anyone that thinks that last years RVK team is significantly better than this years team is just not paying attention..The only area where we are not better than last year is our special teams and it is improving. IMO

To many injuries for FS right now. They are licking their wounds.

Who do they have hurt beside Billups? The said they had some freshmen hurt, but hadn't heard of others.

I was told yesterday that they had 4 starters out?

Hopefully they will be ready to go. It's always better when teams are 100%.

At Rhea Stadium in Black and Gold (aka khaki)

Russellville finally stops Franklin after a 4th down conversion kept the drive alive.
Frankin pins Russellville at ~12 yard line. Russellville drives the length of the field on 15+ Play drive and Quarles punches it in.

6-0

Russellville had 5 different peoe carry the ball on that drive.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Russellville holds Franklin punt puts RVK at ~26 yard line

Franklin stops rville, high snap saved by punter but comes off foot bad, Franklin starts drive at panther 39.

Franklin drives to 12 yard line, pass Incomplete on 4th down. Turn over on downs.

Josh bigbee busts an 89 yard td run on the first or second play of the drive .
2 or conversion good by coco darden
14-0 Midway through 2nd

Franklin punches right up the middle and then drops one over the top for an athletic catch for td.
Missed xp
14-6 ~47 seconds left
Russellville comes back gets a PI advances to franklins 40. Darden comes in at QB but is unable to find the endzone before the clock sounds.

Halftime 14-6 rville gets the ball

Russellville doesn't get anything going opening drive punts to ~35 yard line.

Franklin finds a wide open WR on third and long, drive down to 47 yard line. Franklin completes a 4th and 6 for a strike down to the 5 yard line.
Caldwell punches it for Franklin.
2 pt conversion good
14-14
6 minutes to go in 3rd

Rvks Quarles respond with a 41 yard run carrying defenders all the way. Big pass completion to Quarles then penalty yardage for targeting. But negated by a holding penalty next play to put the ball on the 16 yard line. Johnny D hits one right up the middle.
2pt conversions no good
20-14 rville, 4 minutes to go in 3rd

Franklin size and depth wearing rville down, Franklin drives down to 1 yard line. Groves punches it in with 48 second s to go in 3rd.
Xtra point good
21-20 Franklin

Franklin recovers loose ball on kickoff, panthers force a 4th down and make a big stop at the 14 yard line.

Face mask penalty pushes the panthers out to midfield, heavy dose of Quarles gets them to franklins side of midfield. 4th down pass from brother to brother. Lee McMurry makes the catch and puts RVK at the goal line. McMurry throws behind coco and is picked off in the endzone. 2:29 left in game.

Franklin has is able to pick up the 3rd and 1 to ice the game.

Final score 21-20 Franklin

One of those really good FS/RHS games.

I was honored to be asked to be there for my Dad. He would have loved that game. The way both teams played and conducted themselves. There'was lots of respect both ways.

ADVERTISEMENT