ADVERTISEMENT

Early 2016 State Champion Predictions

Wildcat_18

KP Junior
Sep 16, 2014
1A - Paintsville - It's hard for me to go against the Phelps brothers. I can also see Russellville, Raceland, & Beechwood making a run at it.

2A - Mayfield - They're about the only team in this class who is battle tested. Their schedule will help them win 2A fairly easy.

3A - Belfry - Hard to go against the Pirates. Corbin is the only other one with a shot.

4A - Franklin-Simpson - I really, really wanted to say Johnson Central here, but I have learned to never trust the Eagles in the playoffs. They have the players, but their schedule never does them any favors year in and year out.

5A - Bowling Green - Period. It's not close.

6A - Trinity - One horse race at the moment. I can see maybe a Lafayette or a Male improving enough to be competitive. Upsets can happen.

What do you all think? Who would you change? Why?

3A Belfry is a lock
4A wide open
5A BG big LOCK
6A Trinity. Might be a bigger lock than BG

I just don't follow 1&2A enough to run my mouth.

Mayfield may win 2A ,but it won't be that easy, they will be tested ,there's several very solid team's in 2A and in this class you had better bring it every game.

If Mayfield is your team you should be bias, plus how can you argue with their past. I just hope Glasgow gets a chance to hang that forty on them,but with CAL and Desales in the way it's going to be tough, Glasgow schedule got soft a very good Monroe County team fell apart so that was no contest, Casey County could been a little better game but it was rained out and Casey didn't want to play a make up game, Allen County was a big physical team that is very solid East was fast, Greenwood was just bigger and better which just equaled a really bad night. E-town game will be a good test. Glasgow has a lot of really good skilled players and play super fast.

Nevermind about Glasgow getting a chance to hang 40 on Mayfield, after last nights game against E-town we are nowhere near the team I thought we where, maybe it was playing on the turf, but they got it handed to them , I thought we had a chance to hang or beat E-town but man was I wrong . the first round game will give us a false since of thinking we are world beaters, and in the second round the scotties will make any running back Desales have look like Herschel Walker

I think is safe to assume that 2A winner will come out of west. IMO 3 best teams in West. Gonna be a heck of a Semi State with Mayfield coming to Louisville.

I think the game we all need to see at this point is Bowling Green and Trinity. A shame we can't make that happen for overall bragging rights.

Reactions: tommy2tone
I'll eat my crow with Johnson Central. I couldn't be more proud of that freshman group they have. Starting QB, starting LB, quality linemen getting varsity reps at an early age. That group is destined for great things. I can see a very nice 4-year run coming up for that group.

ADVERTISEMENT