ADVERTISEMENT

Cinderella

Raider 1

KP Hall of Fame
Aug 4, 2001
Who is the biggest Cinderella to ever win the state championship? I have to say Bourbon County in 1997.

Shelby County 4A 1987 over Boone County. Only 4 classes at the time. County was 6-4 and not rated very heavy. Boone was 10-0 going in and only undefeated team in 4A.

Originally posted by Touchdown...Jesus:

Paducah Tilghman 2009.... They went 4-6 in the regular season, including blowout losses to Mclean Co. and Ft. Campbell.
-----They also lost to Union County 21-13 that year in the regular season and then clobbered Union 34-7 in the playoffs on Union's home field. No doubt Randy's crown jewel year-----

There was no reason for that team to ever be 4-6. They were a gifted bunch of athletes. If I'm not mistaken there are 2 of those young men starting at UK now on defense.

It's always the coach's fault...
funny-pictures-football-coach.jpg

The Tilghman 2009 team completely revamped their offense on the last game of the regular season and everything clicked from there out.

There were a ton of issues with the team during the regular season. Believe it or not , several players quit en mass a few weeks in, and many of those were seniors. What was left of the team finally got it together the last week of the regular season and swept thru the playoffs. There were a bunch of underclassmen starting in the championship game.
A kid I knew who normally played WR got significant playing time at guard in the final game.

It it was that game that will likely forever keep 3 & 4 seeds in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT