ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Thread: Central-Belry

Belfry loves to run the football.

Central allows teams rushing yards.

I look for Belfry to control the tempo, control time of possession and get that hive of Yellow Jackets off their back.

I'll take Central too. They're been getting better every week and it seems the big guy upstairs might be on their side recently, after that sports center top play.

Originally posted by Commonwealthsports:
I'll take Central too. They're been getting better every week and it seems the big guy upstairs might be on their side recently, after that sports center top play.
So, based on your logic, we should pick Owensboro over Highlands?? I mean c'mon, when the "big guy" starts taking sides.

I meant nothing by that other than the extravagance of the play. Have you seen it? The ball hit off a cleat and right into the other guys hands. A little crazier than a double bobble, when we see that a lot.

But my attempt of humor has failed. Carry on...

A lot of teams that make the final game will have a play along the way that will be remember as "the play".

With Central this year it will be the "Immaculate Reception". Owensboro will have the "Double Tap TD".

BG had the "Hook And Lateral" against John Hardin a couple of years ago.

FS had a hook and lateral in the playoffs that is remembered because the lateral got dribbled but it bounced perfectly to the target in full stride.

I'm sure Graves County has a play from the BG game that could easily have sent them home for good instead of back to BG for the Championship.

That "funny looking little Punkin" sure makes this an interesting game. (Hat tip to Andy Griffith for that punkin' reference....look it up kids.)

Originally posted by macdon:
A lot of teams that make the final game will have a play along the way that will be remember as "the play".

With Central this year it will be the "Immaculate Reception". Owensboro will have the "Double Tap TD".

BG had the "Hook And Lateral" against John Hardin a couple of years ago.

FS had a hook and lateral in the playoffs that is remembered because the lateral got dribbled but it bounced perfectly to the target in full stride.

I'm sure Graves County has a play from the BG game that could easily have sent them home for good instead of back to BG for the Championship.

That "funny looking little Punkin" sure makes this an interesting game. (Hat tip to Andy Griffith for that punkin' reference....look it up kids.)
Wow, I remember that BG play. That was huge.

ADVERTISEMENT