ADVERTISEMENT

Central Hardin 45 John Hardin 12 Final

permdaddy

KP Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2002
Central Hardin 38

John Hardin 12 7:00 4th

This post was edited on 8/29 8:35 PM by permdaddy

They're awfully young upfront. They'll take some lumps this year, but this baptism by fire is really going to help the next couple years.

4A better look out next year. I really hope this young dogs will progress and play to their potential. I coached all of them in middle school so I know they can play

John Hardin will be geared up for a title run in 2016. With Shorter and Cleveland and RB and Witherspoon at QB they will be loaded. Dawgalumn is correct that John's offensive and defensive lines are just not getting it done. The O-Line has been very disappointing and I didn't see them struggling this bad. Also, the QB needs to get better. I have always thought he was inconsistent and he has proven that early this year. This will get better, but it's going to get worse before that happens. Congrats to Central Hardin. They are loaded for the next two years. After that, the John kids will remember this game.
This post was edited on 8/31 12:07 PM by Hoss403

Dawgalum, if you coached them in middle school and they had so much talent can you tell me how this junior and senior class went 0-16 in middle school? I was just curious because you said you coached them. 0fer in middle school doesn't equate to a ton of talent. I think there is some good young talent if that is what you are referring too?

Originally posted by Adopted Purple:
John Hardin and Warren Central will both win a 4A state championship within five years. Mark it down!
You apparently haven't seen the state of WC athletics below this JR/SR class...

Their JV was beat by Greenwood by something like 20 points and their Middle School team quit after three quarters of play against BGJHS, down 42-0....

Stickem,

While I don't want to speak for dawgalumn, I am sure he is referring to this year's sophomores when he made his comments. I tend to think they are two years away but they are going to be good. When you say 0-16 I assume you are referring to the Bluegrass team. What about the kids that came from the other middle school? I think Josh Miller and Elijah Smith are among those that went to that school.

Yes middle school didn't win a game in this junior and senior class. Elijah didn't play in middle school ball for Bluegrass.

Bowling Green's 2012 senior class was about as bad and they won a state championship. I think Coach Feggins can get it done, if he stays that long. Isn't that the reason he was brought in? 4A isn't going to be as tough as it is now.

Stickem we did beat radcliff (north middle now) and we beat J.T.A and Louisville highlands in that span but your right we stunk as far as wins and losses. the kids I was referring to were the sophomore class since there is a lot of them starting and some who come off the bench alot

AP, JH and WC's chances of a State Championship is much better going forward with Highlands moving to 5A.

Workout,

I won't necessarily disagree with you but that depends on what Highlands looks like in 2016 and beyond. JH should be loaded in 2016 and 2017 and I would not be afraid of Highlands at all those two years. I am not saying JH would beat them, but I seriously doubt there would be a lot of separation between the two.

Originally posted by Hoss403:

Workout,

I won't necessarily disagree with you but that depends on what Highlands looks like in 2016 and beyond. JH should be loaded in 2016 and 2017 and I would not be afraid of Highlands at all those two years. I am not saying JH would beat them, but I seriously doubt there would be a lot of separation between the two.
Just tell 'em to play through the final horn. Celebrating at 2-to-go is counter-productive.

No. I'm providing an age-old nugget of wisdom, such as:

1. Score more points than the other team.
2. Play through the final horn.
3. Kiss your mom after every game.
4. Stay humble.
5. Play as a Team.
6. It ain't the size of the dog, blah, blah, blah

ADVERTISEMENT