ADVERTISEMENT

Bullitt Central

catfootballfan

KP All-Pro
Sep 7, 2006
Congrats to my Alma Mater,6-0 for the first time in school history, and a huge game this Friday @ home vs Bullitt East,it is going to be SRO!!!! GO COUGARS!!!!!

Congrats being 6-0 but IMO you will finish the year 7-3 at best. The next 4 games will be a lot tougher than those first 6 starting with the game Friday night.

Originally posted by catfootballfan:
Congrats to my Alma Mater,6-0 for the first time in school history, and a huge game this Friday @ home vs Bullitt East,it is going to be SRO!!!! GO COUGARS!!!!!
If Central wins I'll be a believer.

Keep in mind the last team I became a believer of was Iroquois.

That E-Town team they beat in OT wasn't too shabby,but your right some tough games coming up I don't see them beating Simon Kenton on the road,but that's why they play the games,hope the weather forecast improves for Friday!!

I`m guessing your a believer now? BC shouldve been up 21 at the half. Had 2 dropped passes for TD's in 1st half. I`ll say this for the BE team, those kids get after it! With that said, those who are still under estimating this BC team is obviously going on past years without seeing them play now. No longer a snap and hand it off type of team. With the addition of new OC Lawson from Male, this team is definitely no longer a 1 headed monster.

Not sure BC is a contender, but they are certainly playing really well right now. Gonna try to get up and see them again soon!

Based on them winning, no reason they can't make it to the Regional Finals...I am eating my crow.

Was a great game for sure. The field conditions held up better than expected. East lost their starting QB on the 4th play hurt the game plan for sure, dont know if that changes the outcome of the game but did make a difference in BE offense style. I will say that BC is a lot better than years past. Yes you can say there were dropped passes that could have been touchdowns but you could also say BE missing a FG cost them the game. BE moved the ball almost at will til the injury i think gaining 10+ a play until the injury. Of course right after the injury BE fumbles the ball away. BE defense played good for the most part holding the Dennison kid in check after the first drive. Carnell showed why he is one of the top RB in the state he runs hard and is fast in the open field. The BC defense took advantage of BE not having starting QB and stacked the box all night. They tackled really well.

All in all it was a great rivalry game and Im sure they could meet again and that game will be one for the ages. Both teams played well enough to get the W. BC took advantage of some miscues and pulled out the win. Do I think either of these teams has a chance at the region prolly not but stranger things have happened. Both teams have explosive skill players on offense but i think either teams defense will be their downfall.

Agreed, GREAT game! East lost the starter on the 2nd series and the fumble happened while he was in on an exchange with #23 during the first series. As for the 10 yards per play, not the case. 8 plays 24 yds if you count the 2 sacks for negative yards including the incomplete pass. I`m just saying. IMO and this is an outsider looking in, the backup who someone said was the starter last year makes things happen. Granted I have only seen the starter play for 8 plays and the backup this one game. Also to be exact, if you give BC the 2 drops for TD`s and East the missed FG Central still wins. 35-23. LOL I PLAY

I`m with you for sure on the GREAT game it was what rivalries are suppose to be. Hard hitting, smash mouth Football and with the exception of a few plays from both teams, a clean game. As for the region, I have no idea. I live in Muhlenberg County and we are the bottom feeder of 6A so I have no clue who they would have to play. I do hope they play again because we have one of the worst teams in the state with really no rivalry to speak of in the berg. So for me to come up to the county my family lives in and watch some good football is a pleasure.

Good Luck to both of these teams! Bullitt county is lucky to have 2 really good teams

ADVERTISEMENT