ADVERTISEMENT

Bowling Green Area Pick 'em Week 1 *final scores*

Farmy75

KP Hall of Fame
Oct 17, 2003
Make a pick and say why, talk some trash, make some jokes. Let's have some fun.

FYI you lurkers reading without accounts, create an account, it's free. The more the merrier.

Allen County-Scottsville 15 at Greenwood 43
Warren East 24 at Barren County 14
Bowling Green 40 at Lexington Catholic 14
Edmonson County 7 vs Elizabethtown 35
Franklin-Simpson 28
vs Graves County 26
Glasgow 23 vs Mercer County 14
Logan County 0 at South Warren 52
Russellville 29 at Fort Campbell 27
Warren Central 28 vs Bourbon County 14
This post was edited on 9/2 9:59 AM by Farmy75

Re: Bowling Green Area Pick 'em Week 1

ACS 28 Gwood 14

I just do not like Greenwood, nor will I ever. I live out on Plano Road, first thing I made sure when buying a house was that it wasn't in their district.

Warren East 35 Barren 21

East finally gets a win, but Barren will hang around for awhile.

BG 24 Lex Cath 21

BG's defense wins this game. Last second FG keeps the streak alive.

Edmonson 21 Elizabethtown 20

Edmonson stops Etown who goes for 2-point conversion. Wildcats celebrate at Mis Amigos.

Graves 35 FS 14

Graves very good, FS not quite so. Hurts that FS's best returning RB is now in purple and gold.

Glasgow 28 Mercer 14

Trigg to the left. Trigg up the middle. Trigg off the right corner. Scotties victory.

South Warren 35 Logan 7

Sparty comes in swords drawn and quickly slay the cougars.

RVK 28 FC 7

Don't know much about FC, but RVK has turned into a good program.

WC 35 Bourbon 31

Should be a shootout, and I hope the boys in navy and white pull it out, but tough tough game.

GW Just better
WE Go Raiders!!
LC Streak comes to an end
Etown Faster
Graves Why not
Glasgow Faster
SW Still pretty good
Rusellville not the Ft Campbell of the past
WC Faster

Allen County-Scottsville at Greenwood
Greenwood grinds a win, don't think either has much.

Warren East at Barren County
east bounces and puts some points up, rests Eli in the 4th quarter

Bowling Green at Lexington Catholic
I think this will be a good one, lex cath has the QB and I think that's the diffenence. Lc in a close one.

Edmonson County vs Elizabethtown - Edmonson powers themselves a win,
Franklin-Simpson vs Graves County - don't think Franklin is back to the class that graves has been playing, graves handles them
Glasgow vs Mercer County
Glasgow pulls away in second half
Logan County at South Warren
South warren with running clock.
Thought a new coach would change things, losing the best athlete first quarter first game doesn't help but south warren is coming of age.
Russellville at Fort Campbell
Preseason I would say fort Campbell but now I believe in the young panthers. Coco darden will have a big game and pull it out
Warren Central vs Bourbon County
Central wins easily
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Allen County-Scottsville at Greenwood - Toss up...G'Wood because they are at home.

Warren East at Barren County- Another year, same ole Barren County.

Bowling Green at Lexington Catholic- Probably picking more with my heart than head, but I think the Purples get it done.

Edmonson County vs Elizabethtown - Surely E'town has the better athletes...don't they?

Franklin-Simpson vs Graves County - Graves is the better team, but FS should still have a good year.

Glasgow vs Mercer County - Not sure who to take in this one.
Logan County at South Warren - Thought Logan would be better this year, but after the blowout to BC last week, not so sure.

Russellville at Fort Campbell - This was a great game last year. I think the Ville wins by 2 scores this time around.

Warren Central vs Bourbon County - Expectations are high for the Dragons this year.

RVK 28 FC 7

Don't know much about FC, but RVK has turned into a good program.

Russellville has turned into a good program?? Been in this area very long? Had a few lean years after Barrett left, but as far back as I know, Russellville has always had a good program.

ASC Just because it's Greenwood.
Warren East Barren is waiting for Logan County.
Lexington Catholic Bowling Green dodged this last year.
Edmonson County More physical.
Graves County Great Coach and more discipline.
Glasgow Just a guess, but they need to use the full back more!
Logan County Just seeing if anyone was paying attention. South Warren blowout!
Russellville Mayfield drilled them, Russellville will need to keep there litkenhous rating up.
Warren Central Would like to see the new coach take over in Warren county.

Bowling Green 40 Lexington Catholic 14. The streak continues! Next week at home against St. X.

Wow I wasn't expecting BG to smack LCath like that. Strong start to the beginning of the season

BIG BLACK JACK posted:

"Graves is very good, FS not quite so. Hurts that FS's best returning RB is now in purple and gold. "

What is his number in purple and gold?

FS's best RB that wore Blue and White last year is Jerry Billups who went 50 yards untouched on the first play from scrimmage against the very good Eagles. Went on to score three more times.

Originally posted by macdon:
BIG BLACK JACK posted:

"Graves is very good, FS not quite so. Hurts that FS's best returning RB is now in purple and gold. "

What is his number in purple and gold?

FS's best RB that wore Blue and White last year is Jerry Billups who went 50 yards untouched on the first play from scrimmage against the very good Eagles. Went on to score three more times.
Then why all the boo-hoo'ing you've been doing all over Social Media about your lost RB?

Originally posted by macdon:
What?
Sorry, I must have the wrong guy...I guess...
rolleyes.r191677.gif

If he's a running back for the Purples, it's new to me. Who is this fictional running back from Franklin?

Originally posted by Adopted Purple:
If he's a running back for the Purples, it's new to me. Who is this fictional running back from Franklin?
Isaiah Hall. Franklin-Simpson didn't post stats last year, but I believe I remember hearing he was to be their leading returning rusher. I believe he's on the team at BG, but they don't list him on any roster so I guess I wouldn't swear to it as of today. He's a junior.

As of now he is ruled ineligible by the KHSAA.

Originally posted by DragonFire:
Originally posted by Adopted Purple:
Isaiah Hall. Franklin-Simpson didn't post stats last year, but I believe I remember hearing he was to be their leading returning rusher. I believe he's on the team at BG, but they don't list him on any roster so I guess I wouldn't swear to it as of today. He's a junior.
His transfer doesn't seem to have hurt Franklin Simpson. If I were a junior running back in high school right now, Bowling Green would be my last choice. They're like cockroaches over there!

I heard speculation (and it is just that - speculation) that they felt he could be better recruited in BG. If that is true, they made a significant misstep.

ADVERTISEMENT