ADVERTISEMENT

Bluegrass Preps now charging

Devils58

KP Hall of Fame
Oct 25, 2002
It appears as though BGP is now charging to post. BGP has really taken off over the last couple of years. A few years ago, Kentucky Preps was as active as BGP, but BGP went free and the posters went over as well.

Now with BGP charging, it'll be interesting to see if KYP will take back off

This isn't new. Happened a few months back at BGP. They let the folks already registered stay for awhile longer after they implemented that changed. I was told when I was cut out of my free account that the rest of the free users would be gradually and slowly phased out as well. I haven't been back.

I think message boards should be free. That was the intent to promote discussion. I also understand the need to make money (Guru) as I'm sure BGP is basically a full time job. I don't fault him but I'm not paying to talk high school sports. Hopefully, KYPreps will take off again and we can have our free discussions.

Reactions: cardsfan53
I'm not going pay, maybe it will bring more back to this site, Go KYPREPS and the Scotties.

I'm not paying for opinions. I remember KYPREPS used to be the place to be back in the early-to-mid 2000's. When I came back, I had forgotten my username and password, had to recreate!

I agree with all of you.
I haven't been kicked off yet but locked out some last week.
I go way back on the site still post some...

I posted a thread about the sporadic asking to pay to post or even view and was banned. That is awful fishy. I wonder if they have some people who pay for something they would get for free if they were patient?

Reactions: BCREBELS411
I was banned from BGP with no explanation and no time frame for the ban to be lifted.

Glad to see activity back at KYPreps.

I would definitely like it if this site could get back to being what it used to. There were some great times on this board with a lot of great posters.

I'm with the rest of you. It almost feels like I have returned home and glad to be here. Hoping and expecting to see more people come back since BGP has gotten all high and mighty. Well, they are at least high...if they think I'm gonna pay to be put down for not being a North Kentucky area fan. Forgive me if I'm a bit of a homer for my team and the other teams in the West. Good luck to them, I'll stay here, back home for good.

Reactions: fultoncoflash
They will not let you even look at it now for free. The guy must be hard up for money as I will mnever pay a penny to his stupid site.

ADVERTISEMENT