ADVERTISEMENT

Battle of The Birds 2014

The Eagles are completely one-dimensional and I think the Cards will be able to control them just as well as PT did.
Mayfield 48
Graves 21

I don't see this being any different than the past couple of years. Not sure this will even be much of a battle. This could end up a massacre of the Eagles. After this game the Eagles and their fans will be bleeding "RED". Mayfield 42-14

Mayfield 7
Graves County 0 HALFTIME

Eagles are going to have to mix up their offense more to have a chance against the Cardinals. Pretty one dimensional 1st half with Crider.

Player of the game so far for Graves County has been their punter.

Mayfield 7
Graves County 0 4:43 left in the 3rd quarter

Eagles catch a break and get a fumble recovery after Mayfield's QB and their center had a bad exchange.

New life for Graves. They literally had 3 personal foul penalties (roughing the passer, face mask and late hit) called on them and Mayfield converted two fourth down's on that last drive.

Crider fumbles around the 35 (questionable call) and 5 running plays later by Trajon Bright (fumbled at the goal line and Gage Dunn recovers in the end zone) gives the Cards a 14-0 lead with :57 left in the 3rd quarter.

Graves County is self-destructing. Bad snap sails over Graves County's head. Mayfield recovers on Graves' 15-yard line. 2 more personal foul calls later (5 total for the Eagles in the 2nd half) and Trajon Bright punches it in from two yards out.

Mayfield 21
Graves County 0. 9:55 left in the 4th quarter

21-0 Mayfield. Final score.

Not sure if there were postgame handshakes or not. Can someone confirm if there was/wasn't one?

Good to hear. I know it's a bitter rivalry, but after the tragedy that struck Mayfield this week, I was hoping for a cleaner game to be played. The refs might've been overreacting to some of those calls to keep it from getting out of hand, but there was also some blatant bad sportsmanship being shown, too. Glad both teams came out unscathed. I'm pretty sure both coaches aren't happy and will relay their disappointment(s) to their respective teams accordingly.

ADVERTISEMENT