ADVERTISEMENT

Why so dead?

Landsend

KP Sophomore
Oct 17, 2009
Football practice is starting across the state. The first games are less than 3 weeks away. Why is this board so dead?

Shouldn't the Mayfield folks be giving us their predictions for the state championship score already?

Football practice is starting across the state. The first games are less than 3 weeks away. Why is this board so dead?

Shouldn't the Mayfield folks be giving us their predictions for the state championship score already?
They're worried about 2a competition

I personally thought it died when they insisted on combining all the pick 'em threads into a single thread.....

I personally thought it died when they insisted on combining all the pick 'em threads into a single thread.....
Agreed, the young kid thought he was going to promote conversation. He didn't realize that high school sports is a very segmented/regionalized topic.

You have to generate the content for each region to draw conversation and support

The summer of 2015 has seemingly slipped away without notice. Here we are staring Friday night lights just ahead.

"Start Me Up"

That was only for one week and we switched it back. I personally have had convos with Lizard about why it's fell off so bad in recent years and he brings up a couple good points on the subject. One being the evolution of social media. Two, no one ran this site for quite some time before I took it over. (which I don't think anyone new will be running now that I've stepped down either) Three, when I got involved the focus was more on recruiting and not actually keeping up with the team aspect.

I tried a lot of things to stir it up, but people like being complete idiots and saying ignorant things on that other board too much. It's like the Paul Finebaum Show of Kentucky High School football, almost a Jerry Springer if you will. But hey, what can I say that board has a lot more traffic.

It was a bit tongue in cheek, but I do know that's when the BG Area Pick 'em disappeared, which was a pretty popular thread for those in this area. Perhaps the one week was damage enough.

It's hard to say why this board up and died while others like BGP and BGR are still moving pretty well. I remember as late as spring of 2013 it was still quite active, as I remember having a ton of debates over the Warren Central/Russell County region final that year. For some reason, come football season of 2013, it just sunk like a stone.

IMO, it hasn't really been the same since CLegend left back in what...2008?

I used to be a mod, ran Pickems and made numerous attempts to get my tools back... Nothing ever came of it. I also don't think this board adapted well to 6 classes... Don't know that we ever had the user base to support it.

ADVERTISEMENT