ADVERTISEMENT

Trinity 9 StX 3

Lecter, where have you been all year when your mighty Rocks were losing? Typical bandwagon loser.

Originally posted by Workout1:
Lecter, where have you been all year when your mighty Rocks were losing? Typical bandwagon loser.
I've been busy. Nobody was reporting the win so I thought that I'd help everyone out by posting the score. Someone else can post the score if they lose...next year.

Why would Lecter need to be on here defending those loses? They lost 5 games, all top rank teams out of state and in state. Some of those teams are nationally ranked. 4 out of those were close loses. That being said they schedule all those tough games to prepare themselves for the state tournament.

Originally posted by hoggwildcat:

Why would Lecter need to be on here defending those loses? They lost 5 games, all top rank teams out of state and in state. Some of those teams are nationally ranked. 4 out of those were close loses. That being said they schedule all those tough games to prepare themselves for the state tournament.
You don't get out much do you, Capitan Obvious? We have heard Dr. Lecter spew his Trinity banter for years. Well, years when they are good. We don't here much from him in the down years. I like Trinity, myself, but guys like the doctor make it hard on us.

Just so I understand...by down year you mean a Trinity down year like this year where we will be 6A state champs? I tend to agree that because we now measure ourselves nationally rather than on a state level, that this State Championship run is a bit of a bitter sweet moment.

Originally posted by DrH. Lecter:

Just so I understand...by down year you mean a Trinity down year like this year where we will be 6A state champs? I tend to agree that because we now measure ourselves nationally rather than on a state level, that this State Championship run is a bit of a bitter sweet moment.
-----Regional power (Ohio, In. Tn,) maybe, but National power year in and year out is a joke. I will concede that T for various reasons is a power around here but No way T competes with the big deep South, East, and West schools, Schedule some of those schools and win and then you can yap about it-----

Originally posted by WhiteEagle:

-----Regional power (Ohio, In. Tn,) maybe, but National power year in and year out is a joke. I will concede that T for various reasons is a power around here but No way T competes with the big deep South, East, and West schools, Schedule some of those schools and win and then you can yap about it-----
Does Cocoa FL. not count as a team from the south? Is Imhotep Charter out of Pennsylvania not far enough east? Granted, they haven't played any true "west" teams, the teams they do play are legit. The KHSAA has made it clear that they will not allow Trinity to play this type of schedule anymore, they did what they could while they could. Who did your team schedule? While you sit here and criticize the competition Trinity plays, I ask you this; who in the hell has your team played that would even put them in the same breath as the 'Rocks? You want to knock them for being only a "regional" power, while your team probably isn't even a county power. You don't like Trinity? Fine! Why not just stay off of threads regarding the Shamrocks?

Originally posted by macdon:
Trinity thoroughly enjoys their "Big Fish Little Pond" banner.
Guys like you are why I don't waste much time over here. Restock the pond! Otherwise, we'll continue to remove the hook and throw back all of the small fish in the Commonwealth. The new district for 2015 was created because of Manual's whining about how unfair the "Super District" was to the Crimsons. Trinity is 112-9 versus Ballard (42-5), Seneca (13-2), Eastern (35-2) and Jeffersontown (22-0).

Originally posted by NLTanker1:

Does Cocoa FL. not count as a team from the south? Is Imhotep Charter out of Pennsylvania not far enough east? Granted, they haven't played any true "west" teams, the teams they do play are legit. The KHSAA has made it clear that they will not allow Trinity to play this type of schedule anymore, they did what they could while they could. Who did your team schedule? While you sit here and criticize the competition Trinity plays, I ask you this; who in the hell has your team played that would even put them in the same breath as the 'Rocks? You want to knock them for being only a "regional" power, while your team probably isn't even a county power. You don't like Trinity? Fine! Why not just stay off of threads regarding the Shamrocks?
-----Mr. Tank, I was only responding to the Doc's post "WE now measure ourselves nationally rather than on a state level" I generously conceded that T might be considered a regional power but a national power is a joke. To be considered a national power I would think you have to prove yourself on that level and that T has not done in my opinion. My team or teams and who they play has nothing to do with the Doc's silly and asinine statement. You can pump your chests all you want but T is not a national power. Now just calm down, get out this week and close some roads or open some roads that you are always yapping about on here and have a great week-----

I'll lead by saying this. The comments above and this one have nothing to do with the Shamrocks as a team but everything to do the Shamrock fans who support them on the boards.

In the past the good Doc has been first to talk about how awesome the rocks are and always will be. How the only difference between the Rocks and others in the state was the amonut of effort put in by the program. Two years ago the Rocks were the greatest football team on the planet (at any level) and we had to hear about it everyday. This year the Rocks were not as good (lost a few) but we heard nothing from any of the faithful about the effort being put out. Why? Why did this group not work as hard as teams in the past? Why were they outworked by so many teams this year? Why didn't someone come on and talk about the games and what the Rocks were or were not doing? Seems like in the good years the chest thumps could drown out the marching band but this year all we have heard is crickets.

As noted above, Trinity is a big fish in a small pond. Now we see what happens when that fish swims with the sharks. They become chum and can't wait to get back to the calmer waters.

No problem. Im sure Trinity will continue to roll on to title number 554,000. Just remember that everyone loves a winner and no one talks about the losers. It is how the bandwagon rolls.

I will take Regional Power...With one of the toughest schedules in the Nation. Lets look at some of Trinity's opponents this year and how their season has played out:

Ensworth - 10-1 in State FinalsCarmel 13-0 in State Finals Cocoa - 11-1 still in PlayoffsCathedral 8-5 in State FinalsMoeller 10-3 in 4th round of Playoffs
The Rocks are not going to roll though that schedule every year, but I doubt too many programs in the country would either.

Also....I think being named as the #3 most dominant program in the country over the last 10 years by Max Preps kinda counters your contention that Trinity is not a National Power.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/Dg1HAhibtEOmdLpf9Z1KBg/top-20-most-dominant-high-school-football-teams-in-the-maxpreps-era,-national-and-state.htm

GoRocks, I doubt that Maxpreps ranking takes into consideration the size difference between T and it's KY competition. Other than X, T has twice as many and sometimes 3 times as many boys to choose from to field a team. Now if you think that is not an overwhelming advantage, then you are delusional.

You are correct, that is not a factor for Max Preps, but you also have to consider that Trinity racked up the wins to get on that list mostly against teams from OH, TN, and IN that are similar programs (tradition rich private or larger public high schools), Their record (other than the mandatory district games in the most stacked district in the state and playoffs) was not padded with wins against Kentucky teams that do not have the same "advantages" as T & X.

I personally think the Rocks have done a tremendous job balancing scheduling games with teams of similar size and tradition that are regional enough so their fans can make the trips (while minimizing missed school for the players), but with enough national relevance to get noticed by likes of Rivals and Max Preps. I do not think enough credit goes to AD Dennis Lampley for the job he has done.

-----Mr. Tank, I was only responding to the Doc's post "WE now measure ourselves nationally rather than on a state level" I generously conceded that T might be considered a regional power but a national power is a joke. To be considered a national power I would think you have to prove yourself on that level and that T has not done in my opinion. My team or teams and who they play has nothing to do with the Doc's silly and asinine statement. You can pump your chests all you want but T is not a national power. Now just calm down, get out this week and close some roads or open some roads that you are always yapping about on here and have a great week-----
I need to apologize to the Tank. I started this as a little joke and never knew it bothered anyone. I was the one doing all the "yapping". I apologize and will stick to what I'm known for: professional bullshitter!

Originally posted by gorocks123:
I will take Regional Power...With one of the toughest schedules in the Nation. Lets look at some of Trinity's opponents this year and how their season has played out:

Ensworth - 10-1 in State Finals
Carmel 13-0 in State Finals
Cocoa - 11-1 still in Playoffs
Cathedral 8-5 in State Finals
Moeller 10-3 in 4th round of Playoffs
The Rocks are not going to roll though that schedule every year, but I doubt too many programs in the country would either.

Also....I think being named as the #3 most dominant program in the country over the last 10 years by Max Preps kinda counters your contention that Trinity is not a National Power.
Boom!!!

This is considered a disappointing season only because we lost in OT to Male and the rivalry game to X....both avenged however. The losses to the other regional programs in close games....well we do not accept moral victories or hang banners over close calls. The 2011 season was amazing. National Championships will be rare and may never happen again...but the Rocks are a regional power to be reckoned with on the national level.

Originally posted by macdon:
Trinity thoroughly enjoys their "Big Fish Little Pond" banner.
But we do pretty well swimming in a big pond too. Hopefully most of the fair minded around the state realize that the Rocks represent KENTUCKY whenever they play other teams from other states. When Trinity wins....all the players around the state win. It show that we are not just a basketball state.

When you see Reggie Bonafon QBing a victory over Notre Dame on national TV...they usually mention where he is from. That helps all of the players around the state not to be dismissed out of hand simply because Kentucky football does not measure up.

Don't expect me ever again to use LilBro positively in a post. That was really very tough for me.

Manual should be upset with that district as should every public school. The private schools have an unfair advantage and always will. Its not just KY but look at the nationally competitive teams a lot are private. I personally think Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana and Tenn should have their own private school regional league. Trinity is already pretty much doing that. It seems Trinity was the real winner with the redistrcting...They will win the district ever year, how fair is that to Ballard, Seneca, Eastern and Jtown. They should have moved Manual out of the district and allowed the super teams to fight it out every year.

RE: Manual

Manual was LOADED & had much better athletes this year than Trinity or St. X & I would argue Male as well. If you watched them in person this season you would have to agree. If they wouldn't have fumbled an INT that was returned for a TD by X they would've advanced to the Regional Championship vs Trinity last week, they have nothing to be upset at and had an equal opportunity to win the Region. The Trinity Manual game in the regular season was extremely close as well.

myspeedshop

Manual should be upset with that district as should every public school. The private schools have an unfair advantage and always will. Its not just KY but look at the nationally competitive teams a lot are private. I personally think Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana and Tenn should have their own private school regional league. Trinity is already pretty much doing that. It seems Trinity was the real winner with the redistrcting...They will win the district ever year, how fair is that to Ballard, Seneca, Eastern and Jtown. They should have moved Manual out of the district and allowed the super teams to fight it out every year.
11/25 9:34 AM | IP: Logged

I'm not sure why you're singling out Manual as the one that should be moved, they have the same advantages as Male in that they draw / hand pick students county-wide, & you pay no tuition at either school if you're lucky enough to gain admittance...

kinda figured as much, same here, & I was rather surprised (& you may be as well) when I realized that Male snapped a 3-game losing streak to the Crimsons this year...

Originally posted by BoSoxRox:
myspeedshop

I'm not sure why you're singling out Manual as the one that should be moved, they have the same advantages as Male in that they draw / hand pick students county-wide, & you pay no tuition at either school if you're lucky enough to gain admittance...
Agree. Manual has supposedly the best educational advantage of any school in the state. It offers taxpayer scholarships to all of its students. It draws from the entire county. I am not sure how Manual and Male are not the only super-teams in the state.

myspeedshop

Agree. Manual has supposedly the best educational advantage of any school in the state. It offers taxpayer scholarships to all of its students. It draws from the entire county.

I am not sure how Manual and Male are not the only super-teams in the state
-----Now Doc, you know why. They just don't work as hard as some of the other teams-----

myspeedshop

Agree. Manual has supposedly the best educational advantage of any school in the state. It offers taxpayer scholarships to all of its students. It draws from the entire county.

I am not sure how Manual and Male are not the only super-teams in the state
-----Now Doc, you know why. They just don't work as hard as some of the other teams-----
Does Trinity work harder than other KHSAA teams? Does UK or UofL football teams work harder than St. Catherine Colleges football team or EKU's? I think we'd all have no problem saying that of course they do with the D1 vs D2 college teams. So why not from the 6A down to a 2A or 1A. Why some of you people take that as an insult is beyond me.

The better question would be is how does Trinity excel with a student body filled with student athletes who've had to (in comparison to Male or Manual) pay a $14,000 "entry fee" in order to go to school there. That public school tax payer provided scholarship should be very hard to sell against.

Lector, I usually try to give everyone on the site the benefit of the doubt. But those two paragraphs you just wrote have to be the most ignorant statements ever made by ANY Trinity fan. I would bet there are many T fans that would prefer you just go away. You are an embarrassment to all the good people that follow T football.

Lector, I usually try to give everyone on the site the benefit of the doubt. But those two paragraphs you just wrote have to be the most ignorant statements ever made by ANY Trinity fan. I would bet there are many T fans that would prefer you just go away. You are an embarrassment to all the good people that follow T football.
rolleyes.r191677.gif
Wow that really stings. Maybe I should rethink my position that 6A Trinity "works harder" than 1A Monkeys Eybrow HS. Maybe we should ask why all that hard work seems to be yielding no results.

Maybe the clear LOGIC of the statement hurts your feelings. Take a look inside the Marshall Center and Trinity's weight room. The picture is included for you. The right almost half of the building is weight machines and free weights etc....

TrinityMarshallCenter1.jpg

trinityweight.jpg

Much work happens there...because it is important. I've seen the weight room at a couple HS's. Not as much work can go on there. Size has it advantages. So does tradition. So does having Alumni who care.

I'd assume that it is your ignorance that is the issue...not mine.

Wow! That's rough, even for the Doc. There were a few people wondering where you were, Doc. I think about now, they wish you would go back into obligatory.

Originally posted by Adopted Purple:
Wow! That's rough, even for the Doc. There were a few people wondering where you were, Doc. I think about now, they wish you would go back into obligatory.
I just got back out of Obligatory. The weather there was very nice, mid 80's with low humidity. All the Obligatoes told me to pass along their best wishes.

I just got back out of Obligatory. The weather there was very nice, mid 80's with low humidity. All the Obligatoes told me to pass along their best wishes.

??? Oblivion?

ADVERTISEMENT