ADVERTISEMENT

Next Edmonson County football coach

Nov 8, 2009
With Kyle Pierce stepping down at EC who will take over? Could a legend make a comeback, a hire from within the staff, or will it be an outsider leading the Wildcats next season?

where is Kyle going. Always thought he did a pretty good job with the material he had.

where is Kyle going. Always thought he did a pretty good job with the material he had.

Not definitive, but I believe he just wants to spend more time with his family. He's also the AD at EC, so stepping down I'm sure gives him more free time.

I'm hearing interviews are next week. I'm guessing it will be a hire from within the current staff but you never know there may be a new face in EC leading the Wildcats.

How have things been this off-season in Brownsville with the new hire? I know they have a very large junior to be class returning from last year that logged quite a bit of playing time.

Nathan Smith who was the head coach at Edmonson County Middle. He's a pretty young guy, early to mid 20's I think. That probably raised some eyebrows from some, but Kyle Pierce was about that same age when they hired him some 10 or so years ago. I think Coach Smith is also an Edmonson County native like Coach Pierce.

ADVERTISEMENT