ADVERTISEMENT

McCracken County Playing Surface

3dgrin.r191677.gif

McCracken County vs. DuPont Manual

Both teams ranked in the top 10 in 6A, who wins this game?
McCracken's only loss is to ranked 5A Graves County. Manual has lost 3 times to the #1, #2, and #3 team in the state which they happen to share a the super district with.
With McCracken playing at home and Manual having the long bus ride this should favor McCracken???
If they do win then they get to host St. X... Can they make a run and the start of a tradition of 6A state championships like little sister Tilghman or Mayfield has in their classes???

Re: McCracken County vs. DuPont Manual

Originally posted by Big Blue 09:
McCracken's only loss is to ranked 5A Graves County. Manual has lost 3 times to the #1, #2, and #3 team in the state which they happen to share a the super district with.
With McCracken playing at home and Manual having the long bus ride this should favor McCracken???
If they do win then they get to host St. X... Can they make a run and the start of a tradition of 6A state championships like little sister Tilghman or Mayfield has in their classes???
I'd love to see it BigBlue, but it will be tough! No one should count out the Mustangs!!

Re: McCracken County vs. DuPont Manual

Originally posted by Big Blue 09:
-----With Orville?
roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by HeathPirate86:
How many games have you won?
-----Post was not about winning games but "start a tradition of 6A championships like little sister Tilghman or Mayfield" and in that regard, I have won the same number as Orville. I might add that the McCracken - Little Sister Tilghman series is 1-1 and as far as Mayfield is concerned, if Joe was coaching McCracken then we could talk about starting a tradition-----

Haskins is laying the ground work for the program. What happens when he's finally done will determine if they become a 6a power. Will they make the right hire?
Haskins never has won a state title. It is what it is. He also never coached at a established program and had to build one everywhere he has been. He is the guy I would want to start a program.
At Heath, he started the program from scratch and in 15 years never has a losing season. He built that program in to a small school power. In only the 5th year they were in the A state championship game. His problem at Heath was they got moved to Class AA and he couldn't beat Mayfield.
At Calloway, they had only been playing varsity football for 7 years or something like that. He won 7 games his first year after they had won 2 the year before. In 4 years, he made them competitive. He a course couldn't beat Tilghman but not many were.
He then took a Ballard program who had never done anything and made it a winning program and then did the same thing with Lone Oak. I still think that they should have won the title in 2009 but again is what it is.
As far has Morris he is a very good coach and has the rings to prove it. I wonder if he could have made winners at Heath, Calloway, Ballard, and Lone oak. My point is haskins is great at getting a program started.

-----I am well aware of all aspects of Haskins coaching career and your point is well taken-----

This game has no real underdog. But regardless of the outcome, we are going to hear nothing but negativity for McCracken. If they lose, they've had another great season for a second year program. Bashers of McCracken & Jack will say how they can't beat the "super district". I don't know how to call this one. McCracken is capable of winning but they are playing a really good team thats only losses are to other teams in the super, & those games were close. I still don't see any team McCracken may have to play being better than the Southhaven team they played earlier this year. McCracken can play with anyone in 6A, they may not win but they will put up points. They've never scored less than 21 points in a game. With that being said they've never played a team from the super district either. Playing @ home is going to be the difference for McCracken.
McCracken 35 Manual 28.

I would not be at all surprised if McCracken takes this game. To me the drive is a factor, plus The Corral or whatever they call it is not an easy place for a visiting team to play. Either way I don't see this being a blow out, it should be a hell of a game.

Originally posted by reallybigfan:

I would not be at all surprised if McCracken takes this game. To me the drive is a factor, plus The Corral or whatever they call it is not an easy place for a visiting team to play. Either way I don't see this being a blow out, it should be a hell of a game.
As to the drive, I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I heard Manual is chartering a jet in order to avoid the loooooong bus ride.

Originally posted by Iron Edwards:
WhiteEagle, give it a rest on Coach Haskins. Bash, Bash, Bash. We get it!
Thanks for saying what most of us are thinking! WhiteEagle seems to get a great deal of pleasure in tearing down others. Regardless of what happens Friday, McCracken is laying the groundwork to be a very fine program.

Originally posted by redleg13:

Thanks for saying what most of us are thinking! WhiteEagle seems to get a great deal of pleasure in tearing down others. Regardless of what happens Friday, McCracken is laying the groundwork to be a very fine program.
-----Not a fine program but a very good program, one of the largest schools in the state, one of the best facilities in the state and the best in the West, able to recuit in the area including Tn. and according to the diehards the best Head Coach and coaching staff in the West. There is no way not to be a very good program. Lets be real here, a lot of coaches would be successful at McCracken. I will honor Iron Edwards request unless there is another silly a-- post about McCracken starting a tradition of winning 6A state championships. First they have to prove they are the dominant program in a 2 county area, currently 1-1 against Tilghman, Mayfield and Graves. Lets enjoy the playoffs because the season is coming to an end and an early exit for some programs-----

Originally posted by WhiteEagle:

-----because the season is coming to an end and an early exit for some programs-----
Not for my Marshall Co. Marshals thankfully.

Originally posted by SECHonk:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:

Very classy post WhiteEagle. I do disagree however that McCracken success is inevitable since there are several large schools in the state, including the western end, that are not good at football.
-----because the season is coming to an end and an early exit for some programs-----
Not for my Marshall Co. Marshals thankfully.

This post was edited on 11/5 5:26 PM by redleg13

McCracken is too careless with the football. If they can get that fixed they might have a shot in this game but I doubt they fix it. I think Manual wins.

McCracken this year is a "tale of two teams"
If the right one shows up it will be a game.
If the turnover and senseless penalty prone team shows up, it could be a long night for them.

A tale of two halves definitely! McCracken blows a 20 point halftime lead to trail 21-20. 9 min left. Hats off to Manual, they are a good team, with great size.

The good news is they can get ready to defend their Region 1 basketball title now.
This post was edited on 11/10 8:19 AM by Big Blue 09

Originally posted by STEADY-ROCKIN87:
A tale of two halves definitely! McCracken blows a 20 point halftime lead to trail 21-20. 9 min left. Hats off to Manual, they are a good team, with great size.
-----I have a theory as to why this game was lost in the 2nd half but I am going to keep it to myself,
wink.r191677.gif
-----

Well white we all know your theory has to revolve around your hatred for Haskins, so just say it. Of course you'd once again be wrong. Manual figured out that if they kept the ball on the ground & not throw int's they could use their size & take control of the game, which they did scoring 35 unanswered.
But to the Jack haters he was just out coached, which wasn't the case. McCracken had the athletes & the speed, but Manual had the size to counter. Losing in the first round has to be disappointing, but losing to the 8th ranked team makes it a bit easier to swallow.
18-5 in the first two years is pretty good.

I agree 18-5 is good for McCracken's first two years as a program.
Not to mention getting the monkey off your backs by beating PT and Mayfield this year.
What is a concern though is McCracken's record in the playoffs, which is a uninspiring 1-2.
Can McCracken improve enough to ever complete with the elite teams in KY 6A football?
That to me is the million dollar question.

Its going to take a while to be able to compete with the supers. They're going in the right direction but its just a different level of football than what they'll see in the west. Scheduling more Southhaven, & throwing in a Bowling Green might not help their record, but will help them prepare more for the type of teams they'll see from the super district.

Haskins did perhaps his greatest coaching at Heath in the 70s. He developed that program from scratch and became a power. Unfortunately some very very good Heath teams were in the same district as some dominant Mayfield teams and only one team could go to the playoffs. What he did at Ballard and Lone and now McCracken proves the guy can coach. And, I agree he is a good choice to start any program. What gets him in trouble at times is a couple of things. Sometimes he says some of the things that are at least thought provoking. The classic statement when he was at Lone Oak was concerning why he took them to Lexington to play and he stated that there wasn't enough competition in western Kentucky, yet at the time Lone Oak wasn't playing PT or Mayfield or Murray or Graves. I believe his play calling at times is a little bit too razzle dazzle and would be better served in lining up and simplifying his offense. But, it does make it more entertaining at times. While I bash a little, he will one day be in the KY HOF.

ADVERTISEMENT