ADVERTISEMENT

McCracken County Football

Originally posted by Bomber_Backer:
Tilghman & UK Alum Rob Manchester? I have heard his name several times around West Paducah lately.
Didn't know he was coaching- that could be interesting since his mother orchestrated railroading Alan Cox out of Tilghman........

I thought it was going to be the guy who used to coach at Lex Cath whose son is playing at Murray State.

I hope they announce something soon with spring practice being right around the corner. Even tho they play in 6A not to many schools have the facilities and financial capabilities of McCraken Co and I believe with the right coach can compete and win a few playoff games a year.

Here is what the WPSDTV has posted on their website. Shawn Jackson has been named the new head football at McCracken County High School. Jackson replaces Jack Haskins who announced his retirement back in November.

Jackson was most recently the offensive coordinator at Glynn Academy in Brunswick, GA. Jackson has head coaching experience, including five seasons at Obion Central. Jackson went 22-32 in his five years at Obion. Sandwiched between an 0-10 record in his first year and 2-8 record in his last, Jackson led the Rebels to their second playoff win in the history of the football program in 2011.

This seemed to be a big surprise to most in this area.

I thought that's why they hired the guy from Massac County? He was rumored to be the next head coach. So much for ASSumming huh?

Glass was the guy they had on staff from Metropolis.
They hired him and he brought over a good running back from Massac co. and instantly became his "legal guardian" so the khsaa would let him play immediately.........

Looks like they may have backed out on a promise.

Not their 1st broken promise. Remember the Hedges guy that left Reidland to be the DC last year of Lone Oak & was to be the DC at the new school once it opened up??

it's my understanding that some assistants have been advised by the new regime that their services are no longer needed. I guess that is to be expected but still, some guys gave up good opportunities to join Jack there.

I could see McCracken being a dark horse this year. Made my first trip over there last fall for an All-Star team I was working with. Came away very impressed with the folks there and their facilities. Nice place.

I hear the new coach is cleaning house with a strict no BS policy and holding some very high standards.
I have been hearing that one particular top star from last year is on his last leg.
Props to the new HC, if that is the way he runs his ship he will gain much respect in my eyes.

Cleaning house and holding to high standards is good but if he loses that won't matter! It is sad to say but we all know it is true.

How is the Hughes kid looking for his senior season? Is he still splitting roles between QB & WR?

ADVERTISEMENT