ADVERTISEMENT

LaRue County

sportsfan70

KP Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2007
Just heard that LaRue's Jaggers resigned. I know LaRue was plaqued with injuries in 2013 and played several younger
players in 2013 and 2014. I'm surprised by this move. What's up?

Surprised by this as well.

Larue lacked the material the last two years but has talent in the freshman class & middle school.

Candidates?

Originally posted by Winterweather:
Surprised by this as well.

Larue lacked the material the last two years but has talent in the freshman class & middle school.

Candidates?
You shouldn't ask Candidates?, you should ask who wants the job?
And give it to the poor soul.
This post was edited on 12/21 11:10 PM by Green Nation2

I agree.

Jaggers inherited a situation with extemely low numbers in the junior and sophomore groups in 2012, which have obviously been the last two senior classes.

They were two platooning come hell or high water this year on both the freshmen and JV levels. Started somewhere around 6-7 freshmen just on defense alone this year on Friday nights...not counting the handful of sophomores who also started as freshmen the year before.

Somebody will come out smelLing like a rose for sure. About how it goes these days.

This post was edited on 12/22 12:04 AM by Lilly Creek

This post was edited on 12/22 12:05 AM by Lilly Creek

Saw where LaRue graduate Tony Hatmaker got the LaRue job.
Spent several years at the college level. Came from EKU.

Looks to be a very good hire for LaRue.

I know of at least 4 kids that have left the team. Three of them would get lots of pt. Jagger's is the main reason for quiting the team they said. Two of these kids are 6-2 200+lb's one a JR the other a FR...

I know of at least 4 kids that have left the team. Three of them would get lots of pt. Jagger's is the main reason for quiting the team they said. Two of these kids are 6-2 200+lb's one a JR the other a FR...

That's the problem these days. Though I was a Jaggers surporter, kids not taking advantage of the oppurtunity to play football will only hurt the ones that quit the team. The current LaRue staff needs to have an encouraging chat with these players (and their parents) and help them to understand that when they look back, they'll regret not playing (no matter the coach nor the team record).

As sports is a reflection on society, it seems the kids believe they're "entitled" to only play for the coach they prefer.

Reactions: Winterweather
What is Larue looking like this year?

It has been dark times in Hodgenville the last couple of years but they do have young talent.

Kids need to play, but this kind of talk happens with coaching changes all the time. LaRue's numbers were in the 50's last year with 80% of those or so being 9th and 10th graders. They only lost 3 of their 22 starters to graduation. The next few years should be fun in Hodgenville. I hope so anyway. I can see them winning 4 to 6 games next year and neither would surprise me with each year on after that being better and better through the '17 season at least.

That will be the top of the mountain for them IMO, bc that years senior and junior classes have not only been big in numbers (+/- a couple in the low 20's), but also some very good talent. Those two groups the last couple years have won their MS conference, only losing a couple games (this year's bunch went undefeated) and not only dominating their old conference, but wins over E-town and several Hardin County feeder schools.

ADVERTISEMENT