ADVERTISEMENT

It's finally happening

NLTanker1

KP All-Pro
Aug 29, 2011
It looks as though the Bob Beatty era is coming to an end at Trinity. He has applied for the HC job at Bentonville hs in Arkansas.

Not sure what to think of that. Does he want a change, does he want a new challenge? Really a mystery to me. I'm sure it has nothing to do with money because I'm pretty sure he gets enough of that at Trinity.

There was a lot of trouble in paradise this year. Even though Trinity won the state championship in 2014, there were a lot of disgruntled members on the roster. It was mostly about playing time and where they're playing at, but still I know for a fact a lot of it Beatty had to deal with first hand.

Here's the next question: Who takes his spot?

It could be Andrew Coverdale the Shamrocks offensive coordinator, who has been there since 2006. Coverdale has written books and made DVD's that teach the spread passing game, especially the short game. He's also been said to be the man behind the curtain, if you will.

Originally posted by Commonwealthsports:
Not sure what to think of that. Does he want a change, does he want a new challenge? Really a mystery to me. I'm sure it has nothing to do with money because I'm pretty sure he gets enough of that at Trinity.

There was a lot of trouble in paradise this year. Even though Trinity won the state championship in 2014, there were a lot of disgruntled members on the roster. It was mostly about playing time and where they're playing at, but still I know for a fact a lot of it Beatty had to deal with first hand.

It could be Andrew Coverdale the Shamrocks offensive coordinator, who has been there since 2006. Coverdale has written books and made DVD's that teach the spread passing game, especially the short game. He's also been said to be the man behind the curtain, if you will.
I think if he leaves, people at Trinity will want him back soon. I know he's won a ton there. What I'm trying to say is Trinity is not a place where a 'nice" coach comes in, the alumni will eat you up. Beatty was a guy that did things his way and he has proven to be successful. I know what people are going to say "well he was at Trinity". Well yes he was, but he brought out untapped resources Trinity was not using (i.e) Marshall field, Marshall Complext, etc. Say what you want, he was successful and double the number of state titles Trinity had before. Did it in a short time.

Originally posted by Green Nation2:

I think if he leaves, people at Trinity will want him back soon. I know he's won a ton there. What I'm trying to say is Trinity is not a place where a 'nice" coach comes in, the alumni will eat you up. Beatty was a guy that did things his way and he has proven to be successful. I know what people are going to say "well he was at Trinity". Well yes he was, but he brought out untapped resources Trinity was not using (i.e) Marshall field, Marshall Complext, etc. Say what you want, he was successful and double the number of state titles Trinity had before. Did it in a short time.
Kinda confused with your comment here, Green.

Care to reiterate what you're really trying to say?

Do you think Beatty won't leave? Do you think the parents will be unhapppy, even the ones who aren't big fans of his?

Everything you said was true just not sure what point you were trying to make.

Thanks, man.

Originally posted by Green Nation2:

Kinda confused with your comment here, Green.

Care to reiterate what you're really trying to say?

Do you think Beatty won't leave? Do you think the parents will be unhapppy, even the ones who aren't big fans of his?

Everything you said was true just not sure what point you were trying to make.

Thanks, man.
Sorry, I think they will realize what a good coach and how much he meant to Trinity. Like I said some on here will say "Well he should win there." Yes, but he tapped resources there that wasn't tapped yet. They didn't have a stadium and weight room complex before he got there. Remember Trinity had around 10 state titles before he got there. Now I think they are up to 22? 12 is alot in a short time.

I hope that helps.

7A Bentonville HS has over 4000 students....and includes a couple Walton Family members as alumni. If they want Beatty badly enough or anyone else for that matter it is probably not a problem to work out the salary.

I don't think anyone in Louisville would be in consideration. Coverdale isn't interested in the HC job. I think they would try getting Steve Specht. But who knows?
Recruiting coordinator? If I were you, I'd take my proof of that to the KHSAA. I'm sure they'd like to get on top of that asap.

ADVERTISEMENT