ADVERTISEMENT

Haskins retiring

truebluefan89

KP Hall of Fame
Sep 25, 2007
Jack Haskins, head coach of the McCracken county Mustangs, announced today that he is retiring effective immediately.

Has anyone in the state been coaching longer than Jack?
Regardless he has set the foundation for a good program. Unfortunately his health isn't cooperating with him. He's a great man, father, & coach. He will be missed in all aspects of the game. I first met Coach Haskins in 1979 when I started playing little league at Heath. I have a lot of respect for him, & admire what he's done over the years. Thanks Coach for everything!

I suspected this, but it was no more than a guess on my part.
Jack has had a long and very successful career and I am sure hundreds of young men who played for him and are better off for it. I would not be surprised if he continued to be involved in the program in some way.
I wish Coach Haskins a long and fulfilling retirement.
He has definitely earned it after 30+ years in this business.
Now on to the big question, who will replace him? inside or outside the organization?

only one insider that is even close to being qualified is Glass and I don't think he has a chance. Jack as been pushing for him, even taking him out for the coin toss. I say this will be a big time search with serious candidates applying! Or they could hand it over to Randy Wyatt (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist) LOL

U know he is original a city kid I seen him earlier a the barber shop he said if they don't hire the coach of his liking he's out there i said u can't just to transfer like that and leave the stangs he said he we would go to Louisville male

This post was edited on 11/13 9:28 PM by category_F5

He was originally a city kid along with Pooh Jones! Neither went to PTHS but grew up in city schools. Haskins brought a fun style of play and kids liked that, but with him gone they will gradually make there way back to City schools.

Neither of their families (Hughes or Jones) liked the style of Randy Wyatt, or so the story goes. Would have been great to have had them in blue and they could still be playing football this week instead of tweeting about football.

As I recall, the rest of the story was that Eli Macklin tried to enroll at Tilghman with DJ Sherrill but McCracken fiercely objected and the governing body said Macklin had to sit out a year so he returned to McCracken. Sherrill transferred and got to play.

U act as if that's something new in central and north east of the state been like that but alot of parents didn't care for wyatt and actually I remember the chandler twins for lone oak dad didn't like perry thomas but and i remember in basketball coach chumbler had western ky on lock when PT was dominant

Program jumping was an educational technique conceived and perfected outside the Purchase Area, but nonetheless put to good use in recent years west of the Lakes. Judging by the cars and people watching Tilghman Middle School football practices and the tweets being sent to players, the whole "come play for us" movement continues to be robustly embraced.

Originally posted by SECHonk:

So we have HS kids picking and choosing high schools for sports purposes now?
Yeah the folks in Graves/Mayfied are shocked, SHOCKED!, to hear that this goes on.

Bring back Alan Cox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lurk.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT