ADVERTISEMENT

Hancock Job is Open

why??

KP All-Pro
Feb 27, 2002
Just made it back home for thanksgiving and was reading the clarion and saw where coach Morris has resigned. Shocked I didn't read it on here, but who is next man in charge of hornet football?

I sure hope he wasn't forced out. If so, the powers to be might want to take a look around Hawesville for a couple reasons:

1) The genetically, superior breeding grounds that it isn't
2) The metropolis that it isn't.
3) The new realignment didn't do them any favors.
3) Because of 1, 2 and 3....good luck finding somebody that will want to come set up there shop/roots for a long time like Morris did (from there I believe)?

He's a very good coach IMO. Did the best he could with what he had, no doubt.

Source in Hancock county told me he was asked to resign. That'll be 3 new HC's for football, baseball, and basketball I believe.

Coaching just isn't as much fun as it used to be, if you're winning, not winning by enough, can't keep the "stars" parents happy, and if you're losing, nobody is happy, not even the family dog.

BINGO!!!!! There are WAY too many schools in rural areas that simply do not have the number of students/players to pick from to be successful consistently. THEN, add parents who complain that their child is not getting enough playing time to be the star in their minds, why would anyone want this job or any rural area school that has NOT had a consistent winning tradition?

^^^^^Exactly! I hope that they'll consider dropping football. It would be the best thing for them. They don't compete.

Originally posted by 3rd fan:
Geez! I'm not sure about all that Honk. They aren't brutal MOST years.
Yeah I take that back. They haven't been as awful as some teams that really should drop football.

Stating that breck county should be one to drop their program, definitely one of the worst in the state. 4-40 in the last 4 seasons. They just cant get the kids to really play because they are so used to losing, and they don't care about football over there. It's all basketball

Any word of a coaching change in Breck? You would think 4-5 years would be pushing the line for starting to see results translated on the field and I think this was his 4th full season. The fact that they were blanked 6 times and scored 10 or less in 9 out of 11 doesn't help the cause. I've seen them play a few times the last few seasons and they have some players.

Originally posted by Wonderboy26:
Source in Hancock county told me he was asked to resign. That'll be 3 new HC's for football, baseball, and basketball I believe.
Hate that for Morris. Thought his teams always played hard and fought. I thought he got a lot out of his players, a lot of times they were just out gunned but they fought. To see the struggles he had to deal with this year was tough. He's a good coach and he'll land on his feet somewhere.

I am sure it was political. They have no teaching jobs available! Would be totally shocked if it isn't the DC.

Hancock Co could always hire the Ex-assistant baseball coach Vic Evans that was let go. He could then bring his side-kick along with him to continue the dynamic duo!

Originally posted by Emphatic08:
Hancock Co could always hire the Ex-assistant baseball coach Vic Evans that was let go. He could then bring his side-kick along with him to continue the dynamic duo!
-----Poor ole Vic. Never gets any respect.
wink.r191677.gif
-----

-----All he would have to do is make sure where the water is on the football field-----
This post was edited on 12/10 4:33 PM by WhiteEagle

Originally posted by SECHonk:
Originally posted by 3rd fan:
Geez! I'm not sure about all that Honk. They aren't brutal MOST years.
Yeah I take that back. They haven't been as awful as some teams that really should drop football.
if HC dropped football i would lose all faith in my community! i played there and went as far as the regional finals and i remember the good times! the problem is not getting good players per say its about getting big linemen to play. i played we averaged lik 6 ft 285 and thats massive for class a team at the time. although there was a kid in my class at 6'7 about 220 that didnt play a single sport at HC

another problem is that thre has been succes in baseball players getting out of the county with Wade and Mosby (shoulda played football)!

if morris resigned then he may be going somewhere else because he is an EXCELENT DC and a darn good coach. the hogs just arent in place

Vic's sidekick "assistant" is still at hancock as an assistant baseball coach from what ive heard and that Vic is now at Brescia

I heard interviews started this week, any news on who might be interviewed?

I am shocked! Not! No teaching jobs a weak principal that could care less about football. This was easy and was the principal's plan before he let Morris go.

wow!!!!! i am surprised! if that is what the plan was all along why not name him as soon as morris resigned? why post at all? i thought they might really open it up?

Originally posted by travispastrana:
Hired Bobby Eubanks. On staff last few years.
Shoulda kept Morris! But im biased i played for Morris and know what hes capable of! Hes a sure fire DC look up his defensive stats in 06!

ADVERTISEMENT