ADVERTISEMENT

FS vs Greenwood

FS really isn't loaded. They are young. Last Friday night they started 2 freshman. There were also several 10th grade players in the starting line up. I would give Greenwood the edge. They have a lot of seniors. They are a lot better than what you might think in my opinion.

macdon,

How is FS compared to last year? They came to Owensboro in the playoffs last year and were a pretty good freakin team.

They are a work in progress. Some quite impressive talent in the 9th and 10th grade. There are only eight seniors on the team so it is a youthful group.

They will be tested against a much older team this week with Greenwood and really tested next week when Battle Ground Academy from Franklin, TN visits for Homecoming. The week after that is Russellville on the night they celebrate the 75th anniversary of Rhea Stadium. We will know what they are after this stretch.

In 2012 we heard, "Franklin is young..."
In 2013 we heard, "Franklin is really young..."
Now in 2014, we are hearing, "Franklin is young..."

Is Franklin Benjamin Button or what?

It is done in order to drive people with "Raider" in their name up the proverbial wall.

They were not "young" last year. This year is different. They are young (when you are starting several 10 and some 9th grade players you are young. They had some key injuries during the summer that have guys out for the year is what I am told.

They have some injuries, but the injuries are to their Freshman and Sophomore classes. They are young, but their young guns are extremely talented.

This post was edited on 9/10 4:51 PM by mcats10

Originally posted by macdon:
It is done in order to drive people with "Raider" in their name up the proverbial wall.
Raiders are always at the bottom of the wall looking up

Originally posted by LilyOfTheValley:
Seabolt & Co. unleash the hounds on the Wildcats. GW wins 35-14.
I see optimism is still high out on Scottsville Road after another loss to what was supposed to be "little brother."

There is no reason for Greenwood to be anything but optimistic. They have won 4 of the last 7 in the series.

FS 24 Greenwood 6
Great defensive effort for the wildcats. They must work the penalties. It doesn't get any easier for the cats next week, BGA of Franklin, Tennessee comes in for Homecoming.

FS had 470 total offense and a pick six.

GW didn't show much offensively till the game was out of reach but they may do some damage later on in the season.

FS had some errors resulting from lack of focus. Still a lot of cleaning up to do but it's not hard to see potential here.

The "hounds" never showed.

Seabolt & Co. unleash the hounds on the Wildcats. GW wins 35-14.
-----Rookie poster and prognosticator.Give me a couple of your picks for this Friday so I can go the other way
wink.r191677.gif
-----

I'm terribly sorry sir. I am only beginning to learn the ways of the almighty greats of Preps. Could you possibly impart some of your wisdom on my lowly soul? Please sir? Please?
oliver-twist.jpg

I'm terribly sorry sir. I am only beginning to learn the ways of the almighty greats of Preps. Could you possibly impart some of your wisdom on my lowly soul? Please sir? Please?
ec
-----Yes, would be glad to. A few picks coming up off the top of my head: Greenwood over Logan, South Warren over Hart,
Dragons over Barren, Owensboro over Ohio, Daviess over Muhlenburg, Russellville over Todd, OC over Hancock, Union over Trigg, Hendo over Madisonville, Highlands over Tilghman. Picking winners is not that difficult but picking by the spread gets a little tricky-----

What about BGA and the Cats? Who's wins?
WhiteEagle
This post was edited on 9/15 6:31 PM by mcats10

Originally posted by mcats10:
What about BGA and the Cats? Who's wins? WhiteEagle

This post was edited on 9/15 6:31 PM by mcats10
-----I would not play these two games because too close to call but in just picking, I will take the Purps to make it two in a row and the Cats to avenge last years loss-----

-----Just realized you were just asking for the Cats game only, thought you were asking for BG and the Cats, misread your post but I like both Cats and Purples-----
This post was edited on 9/15 7:40 PM by WhiteEagle

Don't sweat these clowns, Lily. Most of them thought the Purps would beat the hell out of the RDevils. Nothing wrong with loving your team.

Everyone is good at picking winners when the dice are loaded. Obviously the teams you chose would win against the teams they are playing. Will BG beat McCallie? That's the real question. If you pick that winner then you'll have my respect, until then....

Originally posted by ballsinthedirt:
Don't sweat these clowns, Lily. Most of them thought the Purps would beat the hell out of the RDevils. Nothing wrong with loving your team.
Clowns, now that is not nice

ADVERTISEMENT