ADVERTISEMENT

DC New Coach

Jul 22, 2014
DC High said they are going to make be changes to the football program, but the hire with in the Marcus coaching staff, if so, why did they fire Marcus then......no big change...same-O-same DC football............anyone???

No I did not, but you apparently have all the knowledge needed to turn the program around.

Don't know where this thread is headed but I am sure the daviess fans are scratching their head. You say you need a new direction. A new direction is a different voice. No dog in the fight but it seems odd. I will add daviess isn't alone some of the coaching turnover is head scratching.

This post was edited on 2/11 5:39 PM by hs_sportsfan

Originally posted by bigmac234:

great point..............but Brannon is a good coach with great experience..
I don't know Brannon and he might be a great coach but I have to wonder what winning team he has ever been a part of as a coach.

With that said, I don't ever blame the coach at DC for the fact that they have a failing football program. The school doesn't care about football the same way that other area schools care about football.

Rafterman, you seem to have real issue with those in charge at schools; DC doesn't care about football, OC doesn't give Edge what he needs? You get fired somewhere for not winning and have to blame school ? I seriously doubt any school is trying to not have a good program in any sport .....

Originally posted by Demondog:
Rafterman, you seem to have real issue with those in charge at schools; DC doesn't care about football, OC doesn't give Edge what he needs? You get fired somewhere for not winning and have to blame school ? I seriously doubt any school is trying to not have a good program in any sport .....
Amen Brother

"I seriously doubt any school is trying to not have a good program in any sport ....."
laugh.r191677.gif

You don't get out much.

Originally posted by Demondog:
The issues at OC have to do with the complacency that goes along with having a successful coach and program for such a long time. My point with Edge was he still needed help, he can't do it all himself.

As far as DC goes, find me a successful coach at that school. I choose to not go the easy route and blame the coach when it's obvious there are top-down issues with the overall program. DC has a revolving door of head football coaches and yet everybody thinks it's about the guy on the sidelines. Look at the principal, the AD, the school board. Does a coach at DC have the funding and support to build a winning team? Are they building a culture the makes kids want to go out for football and work hard for a positive result? If the school doesn't change the culture or image of the football program then this new coach will fail and we will have this discussion again in 3-5 years.

This post was edited on 2/13 3:25 PM by Rafterman

Rafterman, Not sure what help Edge needs? Looks like they have done pretty well over the years - And, you think the school is supposed to change the culture of a program? After money, resources and support, whats left? Kimbrell did a pretty good job with what he had but most of the time, It's about the players!! Switch Prince and Kimbrell and see who has better record last 5 years! As much as it sounds like Al Davis; you change culture by winning. Bottom line, its always on the coach and always will be...

I have to say Rafterman has got a good inside knowledge of this.

I have watched for a while, there is only 1 football coach in the building. The weight program is done after school and he is the only one I see in there. All fundraising is done by Coach Edge. He does not have a booster club like they had many years ago. John helped get family to donate for the stadium by asking a family member to donate to the stadium. A project the school has been talking about for 40 years. He became head coach in 2004 and stadium was started in 2006 and finished that summer.

Edge does not have the best players in the city. I think you have to say OHS has the best talent, Apollo would be my next pick and I would say DC and Catholic are the same.

I know OHS still has the Red & Black Shack that the football team gets and the "O" Club and Tradition Club. Sounds like a great job. DC has quite a bit of parent involvment I know.

This post was edited on 2/14 5:08 PM by Green Nation2

Don't know the new coach, but I wish him well. You got to give the guy a chance and some people are bashing him before he even takes the field with his team.

ADVERTISEMENT