ADVERTISEMENT

Bowling Green @ Christian Co.

Aug 25, 2015
Bowling Green is once again the #1 team in 5A this week after Highlands' loss in their opener. They travel to Christian Co. this week who is also ranked in the top ten. How much have the Colonels improved and do they have a chance against BG? How does this years BG team compare to teams of the past few years? Thoughts..?

I'm not sure what Christian County. I thought BG looked pretty good. He looked good throwing the ball and looks to have a strong arm. As long as our line can protect him, he looked good. Our running backs are fantastic and deep. It's hard to really judge playing Monroe County, though I am thankful for Monroe County for playing BGHS in the bowl game. I think BG has a hard time finding teams willing to play them these days. I think the biggest question marks for BG is the young D-line and O-line and how good they can be. Should be another solid year for the Purples.

Last edited:
Christian County has improved, nut not enough to beat the Purples. They always give us their best shot.

Watched Christian Co vs Caldwell the other night and wasn't exactly impressed with Christian Co offensively. Tons of talent and athletic ability but just don't seem to have an identity. One minute they are spread, next minute double TE, then lined up in the eye formation. Couldn't seem to get the ball in Keyron Catlett's hands either. Watched him play several games last year and he may be the best WR in the state. I will take BG simply because coaching and scheme. But Christian Co is still very young and with their athletes who knows what can happen. I will predict that come playoffs Christian will be a team nobody wants to see.

I'm not sure what Christian County. I thought BG looked pretty good. The QB did well being his first start. He made only one major mistake that resulted in an interception, but I thought he did well. He looked good throwing the ball and looks to have a strong arm. As long as our line can protect him, he looked good. Our running backs are fantastic and deep. It's hard to really judge playing Monroe County, though I am thankful for Monroe County for playing BGHS in the bowl game. I think BG has a hard time finding teams willing to play them these days. I think the biggest question marks for BG is the young D-line and O-line and how good they can be. Should be another solid year for the Purples.
Dude, the qb who threw the interception was the freshman backup.

Reactions: killowatt59
ADVERTISEMENT