ADVERTISEMENT

#1 (AA) Caldwell Co. @ #1 (A) Mayfield

Oct 30, 2014
Any guesses on how this one is going to turn out? Really surprised it isn't even a topic yet...
roll.r191677.gif

I believe it will be a great one. No doubt about that but this QB from Caldwell whose committed to Purdue is the real deal (my opinion from what I've seen this year so far , is a far better all around QB than the great "Corey Robinson" from Lone Oak a few years back!) Stands in the pocket as well as moves around inside and outside the pocket, big build, fast, very athletic and also is a play maker will several on his team...
3dgrin.r191677.gif
This game is going to be the best feeler gauge on how both teams will react when ending the season going into the playoffs! Great athletes on both sides of the ball! Should be one to watch out for!

Pride & Tradition Never Graduates

But still, how is this not a topic....
roll.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 10/30 11:46 PM by Cardinals_2

The game has all the makings of a shootout. Whoever turns the ball over the least will win..If i had to pick a winner,I'd take Mayfield because of the game being played a home.. My guess would be Cardinals 37-34. Should be a fun game to watch. Either way both teams will have an excellent chance to bring home state championships.. Good luck to both teams..

This may go down as the best or one of the best games of the year. It is raining and wind blowing in the Mayfield area so I am going with Mayfield by 1 point.

Wow, Caldwell County looked like quitters out there tonight, out coached and out played, no fire what so ever, I know they are not as bad as they looked tonight, even Sindelar made several mistakes that he usually don't make, disappointing effort by the Tigers tonight, Mayfield looked really good.

-----Cards 40-12. Final score somewhat surprising but that Mayfield wins not much surprise to those who follow football in Western Ky. Mayfield defense only allowed 83 points all season before tonight. Who has Caldwell beat? Only legit teams on schedule last couple of years Murray and Mayfield. 2-1 last year but Murray rolls when it mattered. 1-1 this year and chances are very good Caldwell does not get out of the region. Easy to run up the score on less talented teams and when you run up against a very good defense and you have a suspect defense 40-12 is what happens-----

I thought Caldwell was in good shape up 12-7 late in the first half (and was going to get the ball to start the second half).
But the Mayfield score right before halftime completely swung the momentum and the Tigers were a no-show in the second half.
Not that big a deal that Caldwell lost at Mayfield, lots of teams have done that. But the Tiger team that showed up in the second half won't beat OCath, Murray, or anybody.
And I'm not buying the weather excuse. It wasn't that cold and it wasn't that windy. The weather conditions were much worse in Louisville two years ago and Caldwell played well and beat DeSales.
Football is a "want to" sport. 40-12 is what happens when one team "wants to" more than the other.

Weather is football, both teams have to play in it so it CANNOT be used as an excuse. The "other team wanted it more" is another lame excuse as well, it takes away from a dominating performance and cheapens a win. Mayfield played spectacular defense and showed how weak Caldwells run defense really is, the speed on Caldwells defense is gonna kill them against good competition.

This game could have easily been 40-0. After seeing the replay the 4th down TD pass in the endzone was dropped no questions asked. The long TD pass was a badly blown coverage by a inexperienced D-back. You don't leave your man in man-to-man coverage. I will give Sindelar credit that was one heckuva throw back across his body and field. You cant teach that. If CC can tighten up their Defense then I think they can make a run. If not, then they will be watching it from the stands like last year.

Originally posted by gobigredMHS:
Weather is football, both teams have to play in it so it CANNOT be used as an excuse. The "other team wanted it more" is another lame excuse as well, it takes away from a dominating performance and cheapens a win. Mayfield played spectacular defense and showed how weak Caldwells run defense really is, the speed on Caldwells defense is gonna kill them against good competition.
"Wanted it more" = played harder and better.

Don't see how that cheapens Mayfield's win.

This happened a couple of years ago and Caldwell did alright, although I'm not happy with the way it turned out, I didn't see that sense of urgency that they need to have at this point in the season last night, good luck to Mayfield and the Tigers the rest of the season.

Originally posted by roughriverkat:
Wow, Caldwell County looked like quitters out there tonight, out coached and out played
-----Lester has been trying to tell us this for years. I am beginning to listen-----

Originally posted by gobigredMHS:
It's no use bigred. If Caldwell lost to the Dallas Cowboys TLDude would be here making excuses.

What excuse did I make? I specifically said weather was NOT an excuse. I'm as tired of hearing about the weather as anybody.

Thought I gave credit to Mayfield for wanting to win the game more and doing so.

Some of you protest a little too much.

The whole "wanted to win more" thing is just a backhanded compliment. How about just saying Mayfield was (and is) the better team? Is that so difficult? It's almost like you're saying that you're team would've won if it had wanted to more. I get that you're the biggest Caldwell Co. homer on the planet, but would it kill you to actually compliment another team when it is warranted instead of your little "wanted to win more"? How do you know Mayfield "wanted to win more" than Caldwell County?

Cheez Honk, you guys won...easily. Give it a rest. If a Caldwell fan is hurting a bit, no surprise. No need to be nit-picking about any of his/their comments. Try being a "gracious winner."

ADVERTISEMENT